Australia's Greatest Tragedy
The Hon. Fred Nile, MLC
Australia's greatest tragedy is the annual murder of 100,000 Australian unborn babies according to Hon Tony Abbott, the Leader of the Federal Opposition in the Commonwealth Parliament in a speech he made to a Catholic conference in Sydney, reported in News Weekly, November 20, 2004.
Now the Gillard ALP Government wants to subsidise the abortion pill of RU486 to reduce its price to as little as $12! Excellent articles have been published in Family World News:
“Abortion: Bringing down the numbers” by Rev. Dr. Peter Barnes
“Abortion's impact on Women's mental health” by Babette Francis
“War for the Unborn” by Bruce Coleman
“What were you doing when the innocent were being aborted” by Tom Colman
“On 55 Million dead babies: 40 years after Roe V Wade” by Bill Muehlenberg
“Abortion and 40 Days of Life” by Hon Paul Green “Save our Families” by Robyn Peebles
“Induced Abortion - A National and International Trag- edy” by Babette Francis
Urgent action to save unborn babies' lives
It is vital that action be taken to reduce the number of abortions, ideally to prevent all abortions. However, we must do something to save unborn babies’ lives today, not in 50 years’ time! Otherwise, God will hold us to account.
Unfortunately, some Christians argue that nothing should be done until we stop all abortions, which has been a failed policy for nearly 40 years.The Christian Democratic Party has introduced five pro-life Bills and is seeking support from pro-life MPs before we vote on each Bill.
- That leave be given to bring in a bill for an Act to require women who are considering terminating a viable pregnancy to undergo counselling and to view an ultrasound of their unborn child. – Pregnancy Termination (Mandatory Counselling) Bill
- That leave be given to bring in a bill for an Act to amend the Crimes Act 1900 to prohibit conduct that causes serious harm to or the destruction of a child in utero; and for other purposes. – Crimes Amendment (Zoe's Law) Bill
- That leave be given to bring in a bill for an Act to require women seeking an abortion to be informed that the procedure may cause pain to the child in utero. – Pregnancy Termination (Information About Pain to Child in Utero) Bill
- That leave be given to bring in a bill for an Act to require the reporting of pregnancy termination and prohibit the termination of any pregnancy on grounds of sex or racial makeup of an embryo or fetus; and for other purpose. – Pregnancy Termination (Reporting and Reasons for Termination) Bill
- That leave be given to bring in a bill for an Act to amend the Crimes Act 1900 to prohibit the destruction of any child in utero with a detectable heartbeat. - Crimes Amendment (Pre-natal Termination) Bill
<< Back to newsletter