Newsletter No. 152, August 2013
Endeavour Forum Inc. NGO in special consultative status with ECOSOC of the UN
Important upcoming events
March for the Babies -
1pm, Saturday 12 October 2013
Meet at Treasury Gardens, Melbourne. Convened by the Hon. Bernie Finn, MLC. Speakers include Bishop Christopher Prowse of Sale, Mrs. Kay Painter of Operation Rescue and Bryan Kemper of Stand True Ministries.
Prayer - Matthew 9-2
Jesus died on the Cross so that we might have life. When He walked the earth He restored life. He healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. We destroy life when we kill the unborn. Jesus is hurt and the dreams and plans He had for their future will never be fulfilled. We pray, Father, that abortion and other means of taking human life will not become law. We ask in Jesus' Name, Amen
We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the unavailability in Australia of the book "Marked for Death" by Geert Wilders. It was reviewed in our April 2013 Newsletter and priced at $19 but will cost twice that much if ordered from overseas through a local bookseller - Editor
Euthanasia? NO! (A.C.T.)
Objects of the Association
- to oppose the deliberate killing of persons with or without their consent;
- to oppose assisted suicide whether the assistance of any kind is provided by qualified medical professionals or any other person;
- to oppose so-called mercy killing where a person claims to relieve the suffering of another person deliberately bringing about the death of that person;
- to oppose the promotion of suicide;
- to promote the provision of palliative care services;
- to assert a patient’s right to refuse treatment that is overly intrusive or burdensome and carries no reasonably perceived advantage to the patient’s health and/or comfort;
- to promote the protection of vulnerable persons from pressure to volunteer to be killed for whatever reason. Such persons include the physically and mentally disabled, both children and adults, sufferers of psychiatric illness (including depression), the frail elderly and sufferers of chronic conditions of any sort.
Endeavour Forum is pleased about the formation of this anti-euthanasia organisation which is an incorporated body in the ACT as there is a great danger that Canberra could become the euthanasia capital of Australia, especially as Euthanasia campaigner Dr. Phillip Nitschke will be standing as an ACT candidate for the Senate at the federal election. His Voluntary Euthanasia Party will also field Senate candidates in New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
Please don’t forget donations to our Newsletter! Fill in the form on p. 15 if you receive the hard copy, otherwise contact us for our banking details. We need your help to keep printing and posting! And please remember Endeavour Forum Inc. in your Will. A bequest to us enables your support for us to continue when you can no longer help us.
Marriage and 'Gender Identity' Before European Rights Court
An Illustration of Difficulties Arising From Double Definition of Sex
Brian Lee, LifeNews